Points of Interest
- Serving Carman Trails Elementary School: As you know, First Free has been partnering with Carman Trails at various levels. We have recently committed to serving students and their families by contributing to a ‘backpack program’. Rather than collecting food items for Circle of Concern, we will now do so for the Carman Trails Partnership Backpack Program. This program provides a weekend’s supply of food for 22 children. You may donate at the drop-off baskets at each entrance to the main building. The foods need to be shelf stable foods that are not canned (too heavy) such as fruit and veggie cups, prepared pasta meals like mac and cheese or ravioli, tuna and chicken packets, shelf stable pepperoni and prepared pizza crust/ sauce, etc. Contact email@example.com with any questions!
- Discern your place in God’s global mission – it’s not too late to register to attend URBANA 2018! Urbana is a global mission conference in St. Louis from December 27-31. It is the largest mission conference in the U.S. geared toward college students. There are speakers, mission agency representatives, and lots of mission-minded people to engage with. Questions? Go to Urbana.org.
- Christmas Giving at First Free: God is glorified by the generosity of His people! First Free provides many opportunities to share generously with others according to your passion, your ability, and your resources. Thank you for your generosity! Many people, most of whom you will never meet, were blessed through you. Here are some of those blessings:
– Christmas Greetings to our Missionaries: Each year First Free is able to share gift cards with our supported missionaries. In addition, the homeschool co-op group raised money to purchase gifts for the children of our missionaries. This is a big boost to their hearts, knowing that they are thought of and loved by their home church family.
– Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child (OCC): The First Free team that leads the OCC effort was able to collect and pre-sell boxes to send to the Samaritan’s Purse headquarters. Through your generosity, many children around the world will be blessed with a gift with Christmas!
– Operation Christmas Child Relay Station: First Free was an OCC Relay Station, which means that we served as a collection point for churches, schools, and individuals to bring filled shoeboxes. The team collected over 2000 boxes to send to Samaritan Purse headquarters! Thanks to all the volunteers who helped with this community effort. Please pray for the children who receive the shoeboxes that God would open their hearts to His love.
– Our Take Back Black Friday Offering was collected on Sunday, November 25. Praise God! To date over $60,000 has been collected for the projects that will carry the gospel locally and globally. Thank you First Free for your generosity! For those who still want to give you may do so by December 31 at efree.org/give. Be sure to select ‘Take Back Black Friday’ from the dropdown menu.
– Mission Gate Christmas Angel Gifts: First Free gave many gifts to bless children who have a parent in a Missouri prison who has turned their hearts to Jesus. What a beautiful way to help fill the emotional gap in the lives of innocent children to bring the message of the Gospel! Please pray for the Christmas parties for these families in the upcoming weeks.
- Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and, at times, a very difficult job. They need our support! The Support Challenge has one simple goal: we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of a community support in St. Louis, whether from an Adult Community, small group, or group of families. Some groups have disbanded and we have new missionary families so the need is greater than ever. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monthly Mission Prayer: Please join us for a focused time of prayer for missions on the first Thursday of each month in Room 360 at 7 pm.
- Outreach Contributions: As always, God is faithful to provide for all that we need. We are humbled by the generosity of the church at First Free, and your giving is an answer to prayer. Would you please pray about giving to missions and outreach? You can give online (efree.org/give) or by check – be sure to indicate that your gift is for Outreach Ministries. There are missionaries who are in need of financial and prayer support. If you are led to give, please contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com). She will direct you.