Points of Interest
- The next Mission Community Lunch is scheduled for this coming Sunday, August 12, directly after second service (12:15 pm) in the Activity Center. D&C G will present their work in SE Asia, the Spain team will share how they went to serve alongside Giles and Debbie Davis during spring break, and the German team will share about their camp experiences. Please plan to join us and invite a friend to introduce them to First Free missions. Reservations are very helpful – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us for a reception for D&J B on September 2 at 12:15 pm in Room 110. Please RSVP to Cathy (email@example.com) if you plan to attend or if you’d like more information.
- Discern your place in God’s global mission! URBANA 2018 is a global mission conference in St. Louis at the end of the year. December 27-31 may seem far away, but it’s not too late to start praying and thinking about whether God may want you to attend. Questions? Go to Urbana.org. Contact Cathy Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for scholarship information.
- Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and, at times, a very difficult job. They need our support! The Support Challenge has one simple goal: we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of a community support in St. Louis, whether from an Adult Community, small group, or group of families. Some groups have disbanded and we have new missionary families so the need is greater than ever. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com).
- Monthly Mission Prayer: Please join us for a focused time of prayer for missions on the first Thursday of each month in Room 360 at 7 pm.
- Prayer Room (Room 345): Did you know that we have a place at First Free just for quiet prayer? It can be used by anyone who needs some solitude. Take a break from the daily grind, bring your Bible, and spend some time alone with our Savior.
- Outreach Contributions: As always, God is faithful to provide for all that we need. We are humbled by the generosity of the church at First Free, and your giving is an answer to prayer as we ask that God would not only give you generous hearts, but also the wisdom to be good stewards of what He has blessed you with. You can give online (efree.org/give) or by check – be sure to indicate that your gift is for Outreach Ministries. There are also currently missionaries who are in need of financial and prayer support. If you are led to give, please contact Cathy Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org). She will direct you.