by Laura Calys
From time to time, it’s good to shake it up a bit. Life is easier and more predictable when we have routine and traditions, but sometimes God shows His sense of humor by watching us make our plans then tells us to do things differently. Summer usually brings a flurry of missionaries home for a season, and this summer is no different. But one thing that we (the Outreach Staff) noticed when planning this summer is that none of our returning couples and families are able to share their stories at the June Mission Community Lunch. So, we are cancelling the June 10 Mission Lunch and will let them tell about their lives of mission and ministry differently. There will be two missionary commissionings with receptions to follow, as well as Meet & Greet receptions for others who will be in town.
The August Mission Community Lunch is still scheduled for Sunday, August 12, directly after second service (12:15 pm). D&C G will present on their work in Asia, the Spain team will share how they went to serve alongside Giles and Debbie Davis during spring break, and the German team will share about the closing of our partnership in Dresden. Please plan to join us and invite a friend to introduce them to First Free missions. Reservations are very helpful! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve got a treasure trove of rich fellowship in store for First Free this summer!
Please RSVP to Cathy (email@example.com) if you plan to attend any of the following events or if you’d like more information.
- May 20: D&S V commissioning with a reception to follow (12:15 pm in Room 110)
- June 10: Rick and Donna Burke commissioning with a reception to follow (12:15 pm in Room 110)
- Meet & Greet with Ann B. in mid-summer.
- July 8: Meet & Greet with our Middle East-North Africa (MENA) team and Beirut, Lebanon partners (12:15 pm in Room 110)
- August 5: Meet & Greet with K&S R and family (12:15 pm in Room 110)
- August 12: Mission Community Lunch (12:15 pm in Activity Center)
- September 2: Meet & Greet with Donnie and Jodi Bentley (12:15 pm in Room 110)