Points of Interest
- Mission Community Lunch: Come join us for lunch and to hear from some First Free missionaries! Mark your calendar for Sunday, June 10, at 12:15 pm in the Activity Center. Please let us know that you plan to attend by RSVP-ing to Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discern your place in God’s global mission! URBANA 2018 is a global mission
conference in St. Louis at the end of the year. December 27-31 may seem far away, but it’s not too late to start praying and thinking about whether God may want you to attend. Questions? Go to Urbana.org. Early Bird registration began on March 1 and the cost will increase after
June 30. Contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com) for scholarship information.
- Short Term Teams: Summer mission teams are forming now! Whether you choose to stay in Missouri (Ironton) or go overseas, now is the time to pray, submit your application, and still have time for equipping and training. Fact sheets are available at the Information Center. Contact Cathy Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and, at times, a very difficult job. They need our support! The Support Challenge has one simple goal: we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of community support, whether from an Adult Community, small group, or group of families. Some groups have disbanded and we have new missionary families, so the need is greater than ever. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com).
- Donations to Rise Together Resale Shop: The Resale Shop has expanded to serve South St. Louis city more effectively. The store was offered more space to sell furniture and household goods separately from clothing. They look forward to deeper relational ministry with the community.
– Furniture: They are especially in need of furniture and appliances (in good shape) and household items for the new space. Please contact the Well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.865.2210 for pick up. Tax donation receipts available. Questions? Contact Laura Calys at email@example.com or 636.779.2185.
- Monthly Mission Prayer: Please join us for a focused time of prayer for missions on the first Thursday of each month in Room 360 at 7 pm.
- Prayer Room (Room 345): Did you know that we have a place at First Free just for quiet prayer? It can be used by anyone who needs some solitude. Take a break from the daily grind, bring your Bible, and spend some time alone with our Savior.
- Outreach Contributions: Praise God for amazing year-end giving to both the general fund and missions! We are humbled by the generosity of the church at First Free. It is an answer to prayer, as we ask that God would not only give you generous hearts but also be wise stewards of the blessings He has given you.