Points of Interest
- It’s the Year of the Dog! Join us on February 3 in the Activity Center for a fun-packed celebration of Chinese New Year! We are uniquely blessed to have many Chinese believers as a part of our church family. They bring with them culture and traditions that enlighten our hearts and lives. Get more information at efree.org/events.
- Mission Community Lunch: March 4. Come join us for lunch and to hear from D&S V and K&D S! Mark your calendar for Sunday, March 4, at 12:15 pm in the Activity Center. Due to the need for security we can’t tell you the full names of our presenters, but we know that you will be amazed and encouraged to hear how God is leading them in ministry and mission to closed countries. Please let us know that you plan to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Short Term Teams: Summer mission teams are forming now! Whether you choose to stay in Missouri (Ironton) or go overseas, now is the time to pray, submit your application, and still have time for equipping and training. Fact sheets are available at the Information Center. Contact Cathy Nelson at email@example.com.
- Discern your place in God’s global mission! URBANA 2018 is a global mission conference in St. Louis! December 27-31 may seem far away, but it’s not too late to start praying and thinking about whether God may want you to attend. Questions? Visit Urbana.org. Early Bird registration begins on March 1 and the cost will increase after June 30. Contact Cathy Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for scholarship information.
- Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and at times a very difficult job. They need our support! The Support Challenge has one simple goal: we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of community support, whether from a Sunday Adult Community, small group, or group of families. Some groups have disbanded and we have three new missionary families, so the need is greater than ever. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson at email@example.com.
- Donations to Rise Together Resale Shop: The Resale Shop has expanded to serve South St. Louis city more effectively. The store was offered more space to sell furniture and household goods separately from clothing. They look forward to deeper relational ministry with the community.
– Clothing: Specifically in need of men’s jeans and shoes (in good shape), towels, sheets, blankets, children’s (not infants’) winter clothing, and boys’ jeans.
– Furniture: They are especially in need of furniture and appliances (in good shape) and household items for the new space.
Please contact the Well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.865.2210 for pick up. Tax donation receipts available. Questions? Contact Laura Calys at email@example.com or 636.779.2185.
- Monthly Mission Prayer: Please join us for a focused time of prayer for missions on the first Thursday of each month in Room 360 at 7 pm.
- Prayer Room (Room 345): Did you know that we have a place at First Free just for quiet prayer? It can be used by anyone who needs some solitude. Take a break from the daily grind, bring your Bible, and spend some time alone with our Savior.
- Outreach Contributions: Praise God for amazing year-end giving to both the general fund and missions! We are humbled by the generosity of the church at First Free. It is an answer to prayer, as we ask that God would not only give you generous hearts but also be wise stewards of the blessings He has given you.