- Missionary Christmas Cards 2017: We want your signature! Stop by the mission wall on Sunday mornings during the month of November and sign the Christmas cards for our sent workers. It is a real encouragement to know they are remembered during the holidays. Questions? Contact Cathy at email@example.com.
- Christmas Giving at First Free: God is glorified by the generosity of his people. First Free provides many opportunities to share generously with others according to your passion, your ability, and your resources. Here are some ways to join in where God is already at work around us:
– Advent Conspiracy: Each Sunday in Advent (December 3, 10, 17, and 24) we will have an opportunity to donate to our Advent Conspiracy project. This year the focus on outreach will stay closer to home as we share Christ in our community. An additional challenge will be the gift of time and effort from our First Free family! Looking ahead to November through December, join with us as we Worship Fully by Spending Less, Giving More, Dreaming Big, and Loving All. Stay tuned for project details!
– Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child (OCC): “Through a simple gift you can share the love of Jesus on the other side of the world.” This is an awesome individual, family, or small group project that brings the good news of Jesus into the lives of children all around the world. Be sure to pick up your box at any of the entrances or in the lobby, and bring back filled boxes by November 12. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Operation Christmas Child Relay Station: First Free is an OCC Relay Station. We are a collection point for participating churches, schools, and individuals to bring filled Christmas boxes before they are handed off to the organization. Do you have time during the day? Join our team as they greet and receive shoeboxes from the community. It’s a short term commitment with eternal impact. Collection week is M-M, November 13-20. Interested? Email email@example.com.
– Mission Gate Christmas Angel Gifts: Did you know that Angel Tree serves St. Louis families with a parent in a Missouri prison who has turned their hearts to Jesus? What a beautiful way to help fill the emotional gap in the lives of innocent children and bring the message of the Gospel. Whole families are transformed by this simple act. Look for the Angel Tree in mid-November in the main foyer. Questions? Contact Marta Comas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Free Life Team: This is a ground floor effort to rebuild and develop a team who is passionate about LIFE Issues – pro-life, end of life, and anything in between. How does this affect our church, our community, and our nation? Questions or interest? Contact Sherry Low at email@example.com.
- Mission Community Lunch: Come join us for lunch and to hear from the missionaries First Free sends out into the world! Mark your calendar for Sunday, March 4, at 12:15 pm in the Activity Center. Please let us know that you plan to attend by emailing Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and at times a very difficult job. They need our support. The support challenge has one simple goal – we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of community support, whether from a Sunday Adult Community, small group, or families. Our goal is relationships and connections between missionaries and our congregation. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com).
- Donations to Rise Together Resale Shop: The Resale Shop has expanded to serve South St. Louis city more effectively. The store was offered more space to sell furniture and household goods separately from clothing. They look forward to deeper relational ministry with the community. NEEDS – Clothing: Specifically in need of men’s jeans and shoes (in good shape); towels, sheets, blankets. Children’s (not infant’s) winter clothing and boy’s jeans. Furniture: They are especially in need of furniture and appliances (in good shape) and household items for the new space. Please contact the Well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.865.2210 for pick up. Tax donation receipts available. Questions? Contact Laura Calys at email@example.com or 636.779.2185.
- Monthly Mission Prayer: Please join us for a focused time of prayer for missions on the first Thursday of each month in Room 360 at 7 pm.
- Prayer Room (Room 345): Did you know that we have a place at First Free just for quiet prayer? It can be used by anyone who needs some solitude. Take a break from the daily grind, bring your Bible, and spend some time alone with our Savior.
- Outreach Contributions: We are grateful that 5.25% of the contributions to the General Fund are given to outreach. But did you know that the rest of our financial obligations to missionaries and organizations is met through your generosity to missions specifically? As God blesses you, would you consider blessing others by giving to Outreach Ministries?