Points of Interest
- Fall ESL Classes: Learning a new language is difficult! We welcome our international community to join us for English classes on Wednesday nights starting September 20. We have several skill levels and it’s a great way to learn, practice, and make new friends from around the world. Pick up a flyer at the Information Center or email Laura Calys at email@example.com.
- 500 Years…. That’s how long it’s been since the Protestant Reformation! Covenant Theological Seminary and the Francis Schaeffer Institute invites you to a series of lectures on September 29-30. Before the Watching World is designed to examine modern-day Catholic and Protestant relations, with an eye towards enabling participants to appreciate and navigate the common ground that exists between them. For tickets, visit www.eventbrite.com/e/before-the-watching-world-tickets-34438505497.
- Faith and Freedom Festival: Join us on Saturday, October 7, at the Chesterfield Amphitheater for an exciting evangelical outreach geared to teens, young adults, and their parents. This is a great event to invite your friends to. Enjoy live music, food trucks, a car show, and guest speaker Rob Welch of For His Glory ministries. Check it out at http://faithandfreedomstl.com/.
- A Job Completed: Our Tatarstan partnership will be marking a historic moment on October 14 in Room 110 from 5 to 9 pm. After many years, the effort there is transitioning from a partnership to a Kingdom friendship. Pastor Valodya and family will be here. Come celebrate with us!
- Mission Community Lunch (October 15): Come join us for lunch and to hear from the missionaries First Free sends out into the world! We will hear from the Ironton Family Mission Trip, the Belize team, and Michael Rojewski, who has returned from a year abroad traveling to several places with World Mission. Mark your calendar for Sunday, October 15, at 12:15 pm in the Activity Center. Please let us know that you plan to attend by emailing Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prayer Room (Room 345): Did you know that we have a place at First Free just for quiet prayer? It can be used by anyone who needs some solitude. Take a break from the daily grind, bring your Bible, and spend some time alone with our Savior.
- Missionary Support Challenge: God may not be calling you to go overseas or to full-time ministry, but the Missionary Support Challenge is a way for you to engage and support those who have answered the call. Could your Adult Community or Small Group help encourage and support one of our missionaries? Our goal is relationships and connections between missionaries and our congregation. Contact Cathy Nelson (email@example.com) for more details.
- Donations to Rise Together Resale Shop: At this time we are in need of furniture,
men’s jeans, and bed/bath linens only. For large item donations, please contact the Well at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314.865.2210 for pick up. Tax donation receipts
available. Questions? Contact Laura Calys at email@example.com or 636.779.2185.
Smaller donations can be brought to the Berean House WEST entrance, M-F.