German Pastor Visit: We have the pleasure of hosting Timotheus and Lydia Liebscher, the leaders of the camp we work with in Dresden, here in St. Louis on August 25. There will be cookies and conversation from 7-8:30 in Room 110. All are welcome, especially former team members. RSVPs to email@example.com would be appreciated.
Serve St. Louis: First Free is tweaking our Serve St. Louis effort. Is God stirring your heart to serve our community? How can your small group or Adult Connection class work together to make an impact in people’s lives? Ask God now to show you where He is already at work around you and how you can join Him. Serve St. Louis is on Saturday, October 8. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for ideas, suggestions, and help.
NEW Discipleship Class: Jesus said, “Go and make disciples…” but some of us might not know where to begin. Outreach Ministries invites you to join them on Sunday morning during 2nd service. You will go deeper in your walk with God as you learn how to disciple others. Interested? Please contact Rick Burke at email@example.com by September 4.
FALL ESL: Have you wanted a taste of international ministry yet didn’t feel called to go overseas? God has brought the world to our doorstep! Consider joining us on Wednesday evenings at the Bigg House. Meet our neighbors and help them as they learn new language skills. Great training is provided. Contact Laura Calys at English@efree.org.
- Carman Trails ESL: You can be a part of what God is doing in our neighborhood this fall through an intentional relational ministry to internationals. If this ministry interests you, contact Linda Sjerven at English@efree.org.
Mission Community Lunch: October 23. Aaron and Delaina Spence will be at First Free to share about their ministry to serve in Papua New Guinea as Bible translators. We will also hear from Emily Arneson of Samaritan’s Purse. Emily works with the Children’s Heart Project. We will also be blessed to hear the report from the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) team. God did amazing things drawing people to Himself! Come join us for lunch and to hear from the missionaries First Free sends out into the world. Mark your calendar for Sunday, October 23 directly after 2nd service in the Activity Center. Please let us know that you plan to attend by emailing Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christmas Giving at First Free: God is glorified by the generosity of his people. First Free provides many opportunities to share generously with others according to your passion, your ability, and your resources. Here are some ways to join in where God is already at work around us:
- Advent Conspiracy – Take Back Black Friday: For the past few years, First Free has heartily supported the Advent Conspiracy as we have offered funding to missions efforts in St. Louis and around the world. Looking ahead to November, please consider joining in this effort to bless many. Stay tuned for project details.
- Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child (OCC): “Through a simple gift you can share the love of Jesus on the other side of the world.” This is an awesome family or small group project. Be sure to pick up your box starting October 16th. To get involved in this amazing ministry contact Sara Otey at email@example.com.
- Operation Christmas Child Relay Station: First Free is an OCC Relay Station! We will be a collection point for participating churches, schools, and individuals to bring filled Christmas boxes before they are handed off to the organization. Would you consider joining our team? Collection week is M-M, November 14-21. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mission Gate Christmas Angel Gifts: Did you know that Angel Tree serves St Louis families with a parent in a Missouri prison who has turned their hearts to Jesus? What a beautiful way to help fill the emotional gap in the lives of innocent children. Whole families are transformed by this simple act. Look for the Angel Tree in mid-November in the main foyer. Questions? Contact Marta Comas at Christmasangel@efree.org.
Remember those little “Our Daily Bread” printed devotional booklets? Well now you can read them online — and in a couple of dozen languages! They’re complete with accompanying audio snippets. You can also subscribe via iTunes or download the audio as an MP3 file. Definitely worth a look! Check them out at odb.org.
Praying for missionaries: If you want to pray regularly for missionaries and receive the prayer letters for non-secure countries, let Cathy know (email@example.com) and she’ll add you to her “prayer warriors” list.
Global Fingerprints: The compassion arm of EFCA has launched a child sponsorship program for Syrian refugee children in Beirut Lebanon. For $35 a month, you can make a difference in the life a child and bring them the good news of forgiveness and salvation. Go to globalfingerprints.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tutoring: We have a missionary family searching for a tutor for five months in Nepal for three girls. Please contact Missionary Care (email@example.com) for more information.
Missionary Support Challenge: Our missionaries have a very important and, at times, a very difficult job. They need our support. The support challenge has one simple goal: we want every First Free missionary to have the encouragement of an adoption; whether from a Sunday Connection Class, small group, or group of families. Questions? Contact Cathy Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations to Rise Together Resale Shop: The Rise Together Resale Ship is in need of furniture and household goods. For large item donations please contact the Well at email@example.com or 314.865.2210 to arrange pick up. Tax donation receipts available. Smaller donations can be brought to the Berean House, WEST entrance, M-F. Questions? Contact Laura Calys at firstname.lastname@example.org 636.779.2185.
Outreach Contributions: We are grateful that 5.25% of the contributions to the General Fund are given to outreach. But did you know that the rest of our financial obligations to missionaries and organizations are met through your generosity to missions specifically? As God blesses you, would you consider blessing others by giving to Outreach Ministries? Put ‘Outreach Support” on your check memo or select ‘Outreach Support’ in the drop-down menu at efree.org/giving (Select ‘Give Now!’) or click here.